BITO PROflow guarantees efficient order throughput for high-quality pet food
»Feeding Pets the Right Way« - for MERA Tiernahrung GmbH from Kevelaer on the lower Rhine in Germany, this is both a goal and an obligation. The family-run company has more than 60 years of experience in the production of premium pet food for dogs and cats. A strict quality assurance system is being followed in the entire state-of-the-art production process which is audited and certified by independent institutes.
- Guarantee high throughput levels.
- Low / no maintenance costs.
- Make best use of limited space.
- Maintain strict hygienic standards.
- Keep palletised dog food coming from the production lines in a buffer stock until it is picked for shipment.
- Products must be stored in FIFO order to make sure that best-before dates are observed.
The BITO Solution
- Buffer store
» With BITO PROflow pallet live storage, FIFO product buffering is easy.
- Optimum operational reliability
» The BITO FlowStop mechanism is almost maintenance free and prevents idle times for order pickers.
Storage facility features
- The BITO PROflow pallet racking facility is used as buffer store.
- Finished products are stocked in cartons and bags on European standard pallets.
- FIFO stock rotation
- Goods are picked order-related from the live storage facility.
- Very small space requirement thanks to compact storage in BITO PROflow pallet racking.
- Increased storage capacity allows a higher stock turnover rate.
- FIFO storage ensures easy monitoring of best-before dates.
- Tiltable roller conveyor lanes allow convenient floor cleaning, an essential requirement of food hygiene standards.