About the customer
On Kofferprofi.de, customers can choose from more than 100,000 high-quality bags, satchels, jewellery and travel suitcases from different suppliers. The online shop of Horst Condé GmbH has grown continuously over the past few years. Globetrotters, business travellers, women of the world, recreational athletes or parents who are looking for something comfortable and stylish for their school supplies for their children - everyone will find the right accessories at Kofferprofi.de. High-quality suitcase brands such as Samsonite or Rimowa, business cases and briefcases from Bugatti and Porsche Design, selected small leather goods such as belts or wallets from The Bridge and Braun Büffel, women's handbags from Picard, JOOP! & Mollerus. There are also school bags and backpacks from Scout and McNeill, Satch, 4You, Coocazoo, Dakine and Take It Easy. For leisure and sport, the online retailer offers cult brands such as Ridgebake, Deuter, Fjällräven and High Sierra. “Our range now includes more than 100,000 products from almost 90 manufacturers,” says Stefan Maurer. The graduate in business administration is a member of the management team and founder of the online shop. Since mid-January 2017, his office has been on the upper floor of the new logistics center in the Lisdorfer Berg industrial park in Saarlouis.
Initial situation and customer requirements
- In addition, the retailer's goal is to have all the desired items in stock. This places high demands on intralogistics.
- On average, around 800 to 1,000 suitcases, handbags and school bags leave the company premises every day.
- The new building was inevitable so that they could get to the customers on time. Because since it was founded, Kofferprofi.de has recorded continuous growth.
- “Customers appreciate the convenience of the Internet, but above all our extensive range and our reliability: If we receive the request by 3 p.m., we will send the goods out on the same day,” emphasizes Stefan Maurer.
- The rented warehouses became too small and the material flows inefficient.
The BITO solution
- We installed a three-storey shelving system with a floor area of 1,250 square meters and a height of 7.5 meters. With this solution, a very good degree of land use can be achieved
- The special thing about the system: Each floor is divided up exactly in the same way. An area of almost 3,000 square meters is available per floor for large compartments - compartment type A. Up to four suitcases fit in one compartment. And around 3,000 square meters are intended for compartment types B and C. It stores more compact goods packed in cardboard boxes such as handbags and small items such as purses. This means that Kofferprofi.de has a total usable area of almost 6,000 square meters on every level.
- Fire protection was also an important issue. In order to avoid an expensive sprinkler system, the company invested in a holistic fire protection concept.
- Kofferprofi.de was able to expand its portfolio by 6,000 articles.
- With its height, the system makes optimal use of the space in the warehouse.
- On-time delivery is guaranteed.
- The new system made it possible to close expensive external warehouses that were cumbersome in terms of the process flow. The order pickers are also pleased.
This is what our customer says
Stefan Maurer is very satisfied with his new logistics center and its implementation. "Once the building was up, everything went quickly and smoothly - especially the quick and uncomplicated assembly and commissioning of the shelving solution by the BITO employees," says the managing director enthusiastically. The warehouse is currently around 80 percent full. “This means we can continue to pursue our ambitious goals with the new logistics center,” says Stefan Maurer. And what do they look like? “We want to grow by 15 percent annually,” he is confident.