The Johann A. Meyer GmbH can look back on more than 100 years of company history and, with just under 70 employees, is an experienced and high-performance partner for hygiene, cleaning and care products, cleaning machines and catering items. The company is based in Wildau near Berlin and is a supplier to hospitals, administrations, large companies as well as craft businesses and cleaning service providers in and around Berlin and Saxony, but also throughout Germany.
- Low level order picking
» BITO implements a carton live storage system at floor level height from where the goods can be picked according to the First-in First-out (FIFO) principle.
- Brake rollers
» The flow channels are equipped with brake rollers which ensure a smooth and controlled movement of the products and avoids damages.
- Pallet buffer levels on top
» Pallet racking levels for palletized goods are located above the carton flow levels.
» BITO Boltless shelving rounds off the storage solution.
- Push-back pallet racking
» The storage solution also includes BITO push-back pallet racking.
- BITO Carton live storage levels are used for products that are picked in small quantities and have a high turnover rate.
- Items with a small envelope are provided in BITO boltless shelving.
- BITO pallet racks serve as storage area with the buffer stock for the carton live storage lanes.
- For mass-produced items, such as toilet paper or disposable towels, the company uses pallet racking.
- The storage solution has been adapted to the product variety and the different turnover rates of the articles – the overall equipment includes a compilation of different BITO systems. Each reference line is easily accessible.
- Supply buffers are provided in the immediate vicinity of the order picking levels, saving long travel times to replenish the feed-through channels.
- The system enables efficient and ergonomic order picking.
- Brake rollers in the flow channels ensure that even 5-litre canisters run safely and cleanly over the roller tracks without tipping over.