- Containers required to support a continuous flow of components between them and supplier.
- Components need to be protected in transit.
- Containers need to require minimum storage space when not being used.
- Eliminate the cost of disposing cardboard boxes previously used to transport components.
The BITO Solution
- Over 1500 EQ collapsible containers supplied, proving to be an excellent alternative to cardboard boxes.
- The containers' 20kg capacity and 285mm height meant they comfortably managed the components.
- When not being used, they collapsed to 75% of their volume meaning storage space required was low.
Storage facility features
- Continual flow of components through the facility
- EQ collapsible containers in a transit cycle between Parker and supplier
- Full containers wheeled on dollies to assembly area
- 3 full containers stored on sloping shelving in assembly area for picking
- When empty, containers are collapsed and stacked for return to supplier