About the customer
BRIEM Speditions GmbH in Filderstadt, founded in 1946, is a medium-sized, owner-managed family company in the third generation. The company developed from a pure transport company to a sovereign logistics service provider and logistics partner, also focusing on the storage and distribution of hazardous substances. Today, BRIEM oversees the processes and organization of complex, customer-specific and logistical projects, with the focus on the optimal design of the process and transport routes. Constant innovations and inventions make it possible for BRIEM to offer its customers a multifaceted range of services. Your sustained commitment and the ideal location with transport connections to the A8, the B27 and Stuttgart Airport has made the company one of the most established in the Baden-Württemberg area. After BRIEM had won two large customer tenders, it became necessary to expand the existing storage capacities. The company has therefore built a new logistics facility on a 7,000 m² open space at its main location in Filderstadt. At the same time, BRIEM founded a second location in the industrial area in Münsingen, 45 km away, and built a new logistics center there on an area of 11,000 m². Both systems were designed together with BITO-Lagertechnik Bittmann GmbH specifically and to suit the special requirements of the logistics service provider's customers. In each case, the strategy was to use standard solutions from the BITO portfolio, for efficiency reasons and to avoid static problems. It was also important to align both pallet racking systems to Euro pallet dimensions in order to comply with standards and be compatible with all customers.
Initial situation and customer requirements
- A new logistics facility was built at the main location in Filderstadt, which is connected to the existing facility. At the same time, a second location with a new logistics center was built in the industrial area in Münsingen, 45 km away
- The construction of two systems of this size is a great challenge for the user, for which a really competent and reliable partner was needed
- Both systems must be adapted to the different requirements of BRIEM customers - the customer portfolio is very different, the food industry is just as much a customer base as customers from the mechanical engineering sector
- Since there are no technical options for automation, the picking line in the new logistics facility in Filderstadt has to be filled manually and the area has to be designed accordingly
- BRIEM also specializes in the storage and logistics of dangerous goods, for which very specific requirements such as fire protection must be met
- Existing storage capacities had to be expanded
The BITO solution
» Both systems were designed together with BITO-Lagertechnik Bittmann GmbH specifically and to suit the special requirements of the customers of the logistics service provider BRIEM
» The strategy for each system was to use standard solutions from the BITO portfolio for reasons of efficiency and to avoid static problems
» Hall sections, each with 1,536 parking spaces, which are divided into fire sections and flexibly usable multi-user areas.
» Both pallet racking systems are designed for Euro pallet dimensions in order to comply with standards and to be compatible with all BRIEM customers.
» In order to meet the wide range of customer requirements, the logistics facilities are equipped with state-of-the-art warehousing technology and appropriate warehousing, picking and transport systems
- Efficient use of space through narrow aisle storage and full use of the hall height
- For small parts storage and order picking, BITO has designed shelf trolleys that are specially adapted to the requirements of BRIEM as a cost-saving and efficient solution instead of the cost-intensive paternoster warehouse that was initially envisaged
- Efficient use of space through narrow-aisle warehouses and full use of the hall height
- The facility is divided into three hall sections, each with 1,536 parking spaces, which are divided into fire sections and flexibly usable multi-user areas
- In the hazardous goods area, the facility is equipped with the necessary safety precautions and fire protection devices for the storage of hazardous goods and highly explosive hazardous substances
- Multi-user area offers the possibility of performing various value-added services such as returns management, order picking, packaging and packaging
- In Filderstadt, the existing logistics center was expanded to include a new logistics facility, which is connected to the existing facility by a transit corridor
- This is where classic storage and retrieval and order picking of the goods takes place
- In addition, other value-added services such as testing, packaging or labeling of goods
- Storage areas with different temperature zones (21°C, up to +27°C and from +2 to +8 °C) for storing products from the food sector
That's what our customer says
"Not only the products and solutions from BITO-Lagertechnik convinced us, BITO also won because of the sympathy - and because you notice that not only does someone just want to sell their product, but that they think along with the customer and do great things Ideas and concepts emerge. We felt really well looked after throughout the entire planning and construction phase and as part of a dream team. In addition, we learned more about logistics plant construction in the course of the two construction projects than in an entire course of study. We would always decide for BITO again if we should build another logistics facility."
Franziska and Maximilien Briem
Have we persuaded you?
We look forward to hearing from you:
+974 4012 0700
+968 7279 7773