The BITO Solution
- More pallet positions
» With this shuttle-assisted BITO PROmotion facility, Leifheit was able to increase their storage capacity by some 10,000 pallet positions.
- Remote-controlled pallet handling
» 6 battery-operated and remote-controlled shuttle vehicles are used to move pallets into and out of racking lanes.
- Long lanes
» With a depth of 10 to 16 metres, the lanes of this facility offer compact pallet storage.
- As opposed to block storage, the BITO solution ensures optimum use of floor surface and warehouse height, thereby increasing the total amount of pallet positions.
- Each lane can be directly accessed.
- Compared to push-back racking, BITO PROmotion has the decisive advantage that longer lanes can be realised.
- In our case, the number of pallet positions increased from 43,000 to 53,000.