BITO suits growing demand for Proper Music Distribution
Proper Music Distribution is the biggest fully independent record distributor in the UK and can supply music from over 1500 labels from across the world, regularly releasing over 150 new products every week.
- Expansion with new premises to support continued business growth
- Storage Solution to fit the future needs of the business
- Efficient and flexible order picking system
- Dense storage solution with space optimisation
The BITO Solution
- High Bay Pallet Racking system for Bulk Store
- Order Picking Operation with Boltless Shelving on Mezzanine Floor, Carton Live Storage and pallet positions below
- Conveyor solutions to tranport orders from Mezzanine to ground level picking zone or despatch
- RK Storage Containers for CD Picking area
Storage facility features
- Bulk Storage area configured with Narrow Aisle Layout to suit Articulated Trucks with the Pallet Racking designed to store Euro & UK pallets
- 45,000 sq.ft pick, pack & despatch warehouse which sends out up to 40,000 units per day
- 25,000 sq.ft mezzanine which is where the picking operation commences storing CD's, Vinyl LP's, DVD's & audiocassettes with Shelving and RK storage containers
- Ground Level Fast Moving pallet pick area located next to despatch with Carton Live storage which accomodates up to 3 months of picking with buffer storage locations above.
- Greater capacity and flexibility of storage for the Bulk Storage Area
- Mezzanine Floor provided great space optimisation for order pickng operation
- More producutive picking operation maximising the pick face with a flexible shelving storage solution
- RK Storage Containers provided an ideal storage medium for CD's & DVD's with flexibility to create multiple picking locations and security
- Carton live element provided a key driver of managing faster lines and indeed being able to manage the replenishment in an efficient manner.
"We are very pleased with both the passion and involvement at design stage which continued through to project planning and then execution. The onsite teams were great and fully focussed on delivering a first class product and solution and were very flexible when changes were suggested and indeed made.”
Managing Director Proper Music Distribution