The Formica Group is a leading provider of branded, designed surfacing solutions for commercial & residential customers worldwide. Designers and furniture makers specify Formica because of its attractiveness and durability. The BITO racking installation is in their North Shields production facility.
- Storage and picking of over 2000 SKU's of large Formica sheets up to 4 metres in length
- Treated sheets needed to be easily stored and retrieved for transfer to the pressing facility to create the final laminate product
- Due to the nature of the items stored, the racking needed to be very high density
- Despite the high density nature of the racking, ease of maintenance was another key requirement
- BITO worked closely with Formica to develop a roller tracked location solution combining BITO pallet racking components and specially designed parts
- The successful solution was a racking structure that was able to store up to 340,000 individual sheets at any one time
- To enable the high density storage, rquired by Formica, the pitch between levels was only 250mm